Re: 914 in BS

To: "Dick Rasmussen" <rasmussend@mindspring.com>, <jack@cocoinc.com>,
Subject: Re: 914 in BS
From: "Eric Linnhoff" <eric10mm@qni.com>
Date: Thu, 11 Nov 1999 12:49:17 -0800
>> If the 914 had another 25 years of development I
>>would imagine Porsche would have improved on a couple of things.
>
>I think they did (and then some!!!) and named it "Boxster".
=========================
'Cept, now it's harder than ever to actually get to the motor.

I got to (had to?) tech one at the last few local events.  The owner wasn't
around, so I took it upon myself to pop every hood & trunk release latch
that I could find in order to check for loose batteries, items that could
fly around the trunk, etc, you know, safety items.  ;^)  Damned if I could
find the motor.

"Hmm, I know it's under there somewhere, I just can't get to it.  Oh well, I
guess it passes since it's such a cool car."

The owner did come back and said that it was indeed very hard to gactually
get to the motor.

I still like the "feel" of the older cars though.  They're harder to drive
but somehow seem more rewarding.

See you on course.

Eric Linnhoff in KC
#69DS    TLS #13
'98 Neon R/T
<eric10mm@qni.com>

Then we race together.  We can ride forever
Wrapped in horsepower, driving into fury
Changing gear I pull you tighter to me
I'm your turbo lover.  Tell me there's no other.
I'm your turbo lover.  Better run for cover
"Turbo" by Judas Priest