Re: Conquest to GS to C Mod

To: "Dick Rasmussen" <rasmussend@mindspring.com>, <MBD96@aol.com>,
Subject: Re: Conquest to GS to C Mod
From: "Eric Linnhoff" <eric10mm@qni.com>
Date: Thu, 11 Nov 1999 12:56:58 -0800
>>My advice to all of you agonizing over stock classifications is to do what
>>finally did because I was agonizing too.  Go to a mod class.  In fact,
come
>>join us in C Mod.  I didn't believe it until I actually tried it but you
>>really can be national trophy capable for a whole lot less money than it
>>costs to be a back of the pack stock class driver (because I've been there
>>and done that too).  Cost of car, enclosed box with wheel,and  pickup
truck
>>to tow them is probably less than that dang Integra R dominating GS right
>>now.  Plus your car isn't obsoleted every year, or threatened continuously
>>with extinction.
<snip>
>Amen!
>
>Some of us even started out in CM towing with obsolete or uncompetitive
>Stock Class cars (like a 5.0 Mustang without the John Ames/Jeff
>Altenburg/Mark Daddio "option" in the driver's seat in my case).
=================================
But some of us actually like the challenge of trying to make a turd go fast.

What I mean is, and this isn't gonna come out quite right but, it'd probably
be easier to trophy in a "fast" car such as a CM car.  But it takes a really
good driver to make a Stock Class car (with all of it's Stock Class car
limitations and compromises) go fast around the course, and do it without
rolling the car.

To quote a local CM guy, "Flame on".  ;^)

See you on course.

Eric Linnhoff in KC
#69DS    TLS #13
'98 Neon R/T
<eric10mm@qni.com>

Then we race together.  We can ride forever
Wrapped in horsepower, driving into fury
Changing gear I pull you tighter to me
I'm your turbo lover.  Tell me there's no other.
I'm your turbo lover.  Better run for cover
"Turbo" by Judas Priest