Re: Stock rear swaybar leagality question

To: "Kent Rafferty" <gs96@sgi.net>, "Lee Piccione" <leepic@smart.net>,
Subject: Re: Stock rear swaybar leagality question
From: "Phil Ethier" <pethier@isd.net>
Date: Tue, 23 Nov 1999 23:37:12 -0600
From: Kent Rafferty <gs96@sgi.net>

>IMO, this would definitely fall in the weenie protest arena,

No, it would fall in the failed protest area.

>but the rulebook reads:
>
>        13........"Parts available as replacements through the
>        dealers parts department, the factory, or any other source
>        which do not meet standard part specs are not legal in

The part number he got from the Toyota book IS the "standard part specs".

>I think you'll need supplementary  factory documentation like
>a Technical Service Bulletin, or dispensation from Howard.

Nope.  A copy of the official Toyota parts manual for his car, which he has
already seen, is enough.  Dispensation from Howard is worthless in Solo2.
If you don't believe that, ask Don Roberts.

1970 Lotus Europa, 1992 Saturn SL2, 1986 Chev Suburban
LOON, MAC
pethier@isd.net     http://www.visi.com/mac/