Re: Do Porsche Boxsters have LSD?

To: Leeds Gulick <leedsg@nwlink.com>
Subject: Re: Do Porsche Boxsters have LSD?
From: Mark Sirota <msirota@isc.upenn.edu>
Date: Tue, 30 Nov 1999 14:51:18 -0500
Leeds Gulick wrote:
> The optional 18" wheel size is 7.5" in front and 9.0" in the rear,
> despite what the dealer's order form says.

I'm certain this is true for two of the 18" wheel options (one with
10 narrow spokes, the other mesh-type), but I'm not convinced about the
"turbo-look" wheel option (five twisted spokes).  I saw it on a car
at the dealer, and while I didn't actually measure the wheel, based
on how the 265-section tires fit on the wheel, I'd guess it was a 10"
wheel.

At least one of the factory documentation sheets I looked over
indicated that the turbo-look package included 10" rear wheels.
I could be wrong, I didn't actually measure one, but that's my take on
it.

Note -- I'm talking about the Boxster S.  Not sure about the non-S.

Mark