Re: Police The subject

To: <>, <>, <>
Subject: Re: Police The subject
From: "Phil Ethier" <>
Date: Tue, 11 Jul 2000 21:58:02 -0500
From: <>

>Of course, it was only two days ago I got pulled over and given a ticket
for window tint.  It wasn't my car, and I was more than a little surprised
("do you know why I pulled you over").  It wouldn't have been so bad, but
right after pulling out a car passed me, speeding, with tinted windows!  No
ticket.  Spent the rest of the night counting cars.  ~1 out of 5 had tinted
windows (and a lot of cars suspiciously driving with the windows down).  Not
even sure what the law is, but....

In Minnesota:  Windows in passenger cars must allow at least 50% light
transmission.  Of course, the only city that seems interested in enforcing
this is Eagan.  They bought light-transmission meters for all their police
cars.  I't has gotten to be a joke:  You see a car with super-dark windows
and you say, "Stay out of Eagan!"

The fact that Eagan has lately been stricken by a great flood is pure
coincidence, not divine retribution.

Phil "No tints on my windows" Ethier
Saint Paul  Minnesota  USA
1970 Lotus Europa, 1992 Saturn SL2, 1986 Chev Suburban
"If I can do it, it's not art"  - Red Green