Re: What is the scoop in GS??

To: "Larry R. Metz" <lrmetz@home.com>, "team,net" <autox@autox.team.net>
Subject: Re: What is the scoop in GS??
From: "Jamie Sculerati" <jamies@mrj.com>
Date: Sun, 3 Sep 2000 22:38:15 -0400
----- Original Message -----
From: Larry R. Metz <lrmetz@home.com>

> What is the big deal about the Type R?  What do they have that the older
> '96 version does not have?

GS-R doesn't equal Type R.  They're two completely different models -- the
Type R is substantially lighter, stiffer and more powerful.

> Shall I just forget it, no use to enter in a solo with this "old out of
> date car?"

That depends on your objectives.  If you're after a National (or even a
Divisional) championship, the GS-R is probably the wrong car -- lack of
torque is a real handicap.  On the other hand, if you're planning on running
it locally (wherever "local" is), the handicap is still there (depending on
the other cars you face), but probably matters less.  IMO, of course -- I
think the driver makes up for quite a bit in this case.

Jamie
'92 Prelude Si
Speed Demon Racing
http://www.mindspring.com/~jsculerati/sdr