RE: What is the scoop in GS??

To: "Ax List (E-mail)" <autox@autox.team.net>
Subject: RE: What is the scoop in GS??
From: "Eric Buckley" <ejbuckley@earthlink.net>
Date: Mon, 4 Sep 2000 21:25:40 -0500
Larry R. Metz wrote (regarding the GS/R):

> Anyone patient enough to explain the issues here??

I think this has been adequately covered. My experience would confirm that
the Type R is 1.5 - 2.0 seconds faster on a 60-second course.

> Shall I just forget it, no use to enter in a solo with this
> "old out of date car?"

As far as I know, the GS/R was never the "hot" car for GS. However, there is
a place for it: STS and STR. Much cheaper than you might imagine. A GS/R
prepped for ST is still cheaper than a Type R and considerably faster. Of
course, some people don't like to drive to work in a car that shakes your
fillings loose. But it is fast.

> I remember when the G stock cars were really the low power
> FWD.....like early '70's Honda Civic was the thing, and tires
> lasted two or more years!

Neither the Type R or the GS/R are particularly hard on tires unless you are
too heavy on the gas coming out of tight turns. Mine still have plenty of
tread after about 110 runs. Of course, we run on a fairly slick lot, as the
divisional entrants found out this weekend. LOTS of spins!

More on that in another post.

Eric Buckley
7STR: 98 Integra GSR
St. Louis Region