Re: What is the scoop in GS??

To: "Larry R. Metz" <lrmetz@home.com>, "team,net" <autox@autox.team.net>
Subject: Re: What is the scoop in GS??
From: "Alan Pozner" <apozner@ptd.net>
Date: Mon, 4 Sep 2000 10:51:05 -0400
Briefly, here are the differences:

1. Engine 195 Vs 170 hp. 500rpm higher redline 130 Vs. 127 ft/lbs. Also
torque curve is flatter and fatter.
2. Considerably stiffer springs and shocks.
3. Stiffer torsional rigidity
4. Slightly lower weight
5. Slightly better front to rear weight distribution
6. More neg camber
7. Bigger rear sway bar
8. lowered .75 inches
9. no sunroof - lower cg and more helmet room
10. much tighter gear spacing - redline shifts keep engine in vtec
11 1inch bigger brakes
12. more aggressively tuned abs
13 more stuff that I forgot :-)

So what does this amount to? I just ran my Type R on street tires (the R
tires and wheels are on their way to Topeka :-) against a GSR on R tires -
same times. A type R on R tires was a full 2 secs faster than us. So the
Type R is about 2 secs faster than the GSR.

The GSR is a good, fun car and the Type R may move to a different class next
year making the GSR competitive in class.  If it does the GSR may be "the
car" for the class so if I were you I would have fun and learn with what's
left of the season and hope for the rules change to work in your favor for
next year.

Regards,
Alan