Re: M3 Out of ESP - No Longer a Controversy

To: <autox@autox.team.net>
Subject: Re: M3 Out of ESP - No Longer a Controversy
From: "Brad Cox" <COXB@trimofran.org>
Date: Wed, 13 Sep 2000 14:28:11 -0500
>>So what about the 4th place eagle talon? Should they boot him too?<<

No, because Talon's did not come in and utterly dominate ESP in both pro and
amateur Solo immediately after being reclassed.  However, they have had some
success, along with continuing improvement, which indicates to me they don't
need to be moved 'down' a notch either.

>>What the hell does the place of somebody else in a different class have to
do with whether the M3 does or doesn't belong in ESP?<<

FS times have a lot to do with ESP times.  I think most people can understand
the relevance.  For instance, what class does your 'average' ESP car come from?
 Which stock class has the most in common?  GS, AS, or FS?  I interpret this as
an attempt on Jeff's part to lend a bit of credibility to times set by great
drivers like Mark M.  He used times set by another highly esteemed driver as a
point of reference.

-brad
(all IMO, of course)