Re: Last posting to team.net for Evolution

To: <Jkinser77@aol.com>, <autox@autox.team.net>
Subject: Re: Last posting to team.net for Evolution
From: "Eric Linnhoff" <eric10mm@qni.com>
Date: Fri, 6 Oct 2000 17:21:58 -0500
-----Original Message-----

>Stick around, Jean. Your posts are about our sport, and help people new to
>the sport to get better.
==========================
I second Rocky's opinion.

One thing I've noticed around this group, any several others throughout my
life, is that if you don't have a thick skin you will not last long.

Too many people take things way too personally and get mad or go stomp off
when they get criticized.  You folks, yes you too Jean, have got to learn to
let stuff just roll of your back.  Consider the source of your criticism.
Is it just one or a few individuals or is it the entire group?  There's
always going to be a few folks out of every group that don't like something
about you or what you do.  Deal with it and move on.  Ignore them or set up
a filter on your inbox.  Do whatever you need to do to get rid of whatever
you happen to consider spam.

I like Loren and Jean.  Will Loren let the few negative comments that were
directed at him bother him?  I seriously doubt it.  Is he opinionated?  Yes,
and I admire someone who's not afraid to share their opinion even if it's
not the popular one and/or one which I do not share.

Will Jean let the few negative comments run her off?  Apparently so and
that's too bad. I wonder (and I'm gonna fry for this) if it's because she's
an "emotional pregnant girl".   ;^)  There are many folks on this list who
do appreciate what Jean and her school have to contribute to our sport.  I
am such a person.

Do I think her school related posts are a bit tedious.  Sometimes yes, but I
have fully mastered the concept of the delete key and I utilize it
regularly.  I also happen to think they're on-topic posts.

Do I think that those members out there who unsub from the list for these
types of things are being a tad overreactive?  Yes and they lose my respect
for being so shallow and thin skinned.  But hey, I'm rather opinionated if
you haven't noticed.  ;^)

If you can filter through the high noise to signal ratio of this list
there's a ton of good info available from it.

That is all, my dinner's getting cold.

Eric (the voice of reason) Linnhoff in KC
#69 STS    TLS #13
'98 Neon R/T
<eric10mm@qni.com>

"Whether outwardly or inwardly, whether in space or time,
the farther we penetrate the unknown,
the vaster and more marvelous it becomes."
Charles A. Lindbergh