Re: Last posting to team.net for Evolution

To: Mark Sirota <msirota@isc.upenn.edu>, dg50@daimlerchrysler.com,
Subject: Re: Last posting to team.net for Evolution
From: Sam & Greg Scharnberg <samandgreg@uswest.net>
Date: Fri, 06 Oct 2000 23:16:12 -0500
Hey gang,

At 04:32 PM 10/6/00 -0400, Mark Sirota wrote:
>dg50@daimlerchrysler.com wrote:
>> And the nugget that came out of the last exchange is that while your
>> posts about the school's activities are on-topic and useful, we don't
>> have to be SOLD so damn much.
>
>Jean,
>
>Dennis hit the nail on the head here.  As one of the longest-standing
>members of Team.Net, let me say this:

You and Dennis "deciphered"  what was posted.  Good job!

>Notify, don't advertise.  And don't notify about the
>same thing more than once.

I agree with NOTIFY.  The same folks are on team.net, team.chat, team.rant,
team.etc. day in and day out.  Is not once a week enough?  Overkill means
DELETE.  Not exactly your goal Jean.

>If someone responds saying "What's an Evolution school?" then reply
>directly.

It is obvious you have the email address to respond directly.  Keep in mind
that "over kill."

  They'll get more than enough public replies on Team.Net
>from satisfied customers.

Don't ruin a good thing.

>For example:
>
> Evolution Performance Driving School would like to
> announce these new additions to our calendar:
>
> Tucson January 27-28
> Philadelphia April 28-29
>
> For more information on the schools offered and other dates
> and locations, see our web site at

<http://www.autocross.com/mckameyschool/>http://www.autocross.com/mckameysch
ool/

>That would be more than enough.  It tells us what's new, and tells
>us where to go looking for more.  Let the web site do the selling.

Bingo, you have that correct.

>The same goes for other vendors, like Glenn and Pat.  If you've got
>specials or new products that haven't been previously announced, go
>ahead and tell us about them -- but let your web site do the selling.
>Feel free to include a one-liner and your URL in your signature, too.

JMHO also,
Sam