RE: ...woo-hoo

To: autox@autox.team.net
Subject: RE: ...woo-hoo
From: Alan Dahl <adahl@eskimo.com>
Date: Wed, 8 Nov 2000 08:57:19 -0800
On Wednesday, November 8, 2000, at 07:47 AM, Tom Maycock wrote:
> IMO, motorsports enthusiasts should be leading the fight for better mass
> transit, for better alternatives to gridlock-inducing urban sprawl, and
> for clean-burning, high-mileage cars. If we can reduce the amount of time
> and miles and gas wasted and pollution created on those mindless,
> spirit-killing daily urban commutes, the world will probably continue to
> be a friendlier place for having fun with cars.

If it's any consolation I recall a quote I read several years ago, probably in
Car and Driver since it sounds like the kind of thing David E Davis Jr or Brock
Yates would say, "Remember, the last car built will most likely be a sports
car".

Hopefully that day is a hundred years in the future at least but we have to
face the sad fact that someday the automobile will be as obsolete as the horse
and buggy and replaced by the next big thing, be it go-anywhere public transit,
flying sky cars, virtual reality or Star Trek transporters.

http://www.adcritic.com/content/ibm-why-no-flying-cars-why-why-why.html

- Alan Dahl
  ___   ____     Alan Dahl               | home: adahl@eskimo.com
 /_ /   /  /     Federal Way, WA, USA    | work: Alan.Dahl@PSS.boeing.com