Re: Old car classing

To: jemitchell@compuserve.com
Subject: Re: Old car classing
From: REPilfold@aol.com
Date: Wed, 8 Nov 2000 21:47:29 EST
In a message dated 11/6/00 12:41:52 PM Pacific Standard Time,
jemitchell@compuserve.com writes:

<< That's somebody's perception, though. If it were really true,
 then why doesn't anybody run a 914 in Stock these days? Or a
 240Z? I think you'll find that most older cars gradually stop
 appearing in Stock because a) they're no longer as competitive as
 they used to be, b) there are fewer of them in the used-car pool
 as time and wrecking yards take their toll, and c) in many cases
 you can't buy the parts you have to have in order for the car to
 be legal in Stock. It looks to me like the problem does a pretty
 good job of fixing itself.

This is one of those "not really an issue" topics that t.n loves to argue.
Now why would we need a rule to govern something that old father time takes
care of, with absolutely no help from us?