Re: [RE: ...woo-hoo]

To: Bhaden@ucsd.edu
Subject: Re: [RE: ...woo-hoo]
From: Hottvr@aol.com
Date: Wed, 8 Nov 2000 20:11:08 EST
In a message dated 11/8/00 4:21:05 PM Pacific Standard Time, Bhaden@ucsd.edu
writes:

<< Yeah, but what does that say about the other guy on the ballot?? People
 would
 rather vote for a DEAD GUY than for you!!??

I was closely tied to the race in question. I worked every weekend on the
campaign
after the Nats were over. The "Dead Guy" ,Mel Carnahan(D) was losing badly to
U.S.
Senator John Ashcroft before his death in a plane crash in mid October
Ashcroft
suspended his campaign for about 8 days out of respect for the dead govenors
family. That was what cost him the election. It was the right thing to do and
it
cost Ashcroft his Senate seat. Thats what kind of guy he is, a man of honor.
Watch the news and see what happened in Missouri last night. An election was
stolen in the City of St. Louis. Polls were kept open after they were
suppossed to
be closed in an effort to turn the state Democrat for Al Gore. St.Louis
Police had to be dispatched to recover ballot boxes and unused ballots from
29 Precincts because the poll workers simply abandoned the polls. Unused
ballots and ballot boxes sat for hours with no one guarding them.

The Republican candidate for govenor lost by just 12,000 votes.

I know this is way off track for this list. But there is one thing that all
of us have in common here. It doesn't matter if you are American or Canadian.
In both countries
we have come to expect that our elections will be free and unbiased. This is
sad
day when we have a process as sacred as electing our public officials
subverted.

Sorry if I offended anyone with this rant. I had to tell you all of this
injustice.

Mike B. 99cm