RE: Nurbergring the Ruf Way

To: "Brian Berryhill" <brianberryhill@flashmail.com>, <autox@autox.team.net>
Subject: RE: Nurbergring the Ruf Way
From: "Bruce Haden" <Bhaden@ucsd.edu>
Date: Fri, 2 Mar 2001 12:56:01 -0800
Even though his inputs were rather rough, he did appear to be very fast and
took some nice lines... I think some teaching on smooth inputs would enhance
his performance though, unless of course the old Porsche doesn't want smooth
inputs.

I was waiting for the car to fly off the track... but I guess with enough
experience and track time, you just mold to your car and know exactly what
it will do.

I believe 911s like that kind of treatment. Years ago, when the late
Mark donohue was asked what it took to make the IMSA 935/911 handle so well,
he replied something like "...all the porsches handle like pigs! But, if you
throw enough money at the them you can build a damn fast pig!"