Re: Car Class

To: "Jan Schmidt" <jschmidt@kumc.edu>, <autox@autox.team.net>,
Subject: Re: Car Class
From: "Phil Ethier" <pethier@isd.net>
Date: Sun, 4 Mar 2001 12:03:32 -0600
From: Jan Schmidt <jschmidt@kumc.edu>

>Phil'
>I think you are a little confused , here.

No.  I know perfectly well whereof I speak.  I may not have expressed myself
clearly.

>The cars have to be legit for
>"Prepared", certainly not "Modified". You dont think for a minute that the
>Model A or Ron Fliers Europa are production vehicles.

Of course not.  But they are supposed to meet, within the modification
rules, the definition of being made from a production car.  The frame and
floor ban the length of the passenger compartment must have come from such a
car.

>If the "Rotus looks
>remotely like a Lotus 7, then it is legal in D or E Mod.

Not convinced.  If this were true, why is Westfield mentioned by name?

>Bill Schmidt C stock RX7 ( former Europa owner)

"It makes a nice noise when it goes faster"
- 4-year-old Adam, upon seeing a bitmap of Grandma Susie's TR4.