Re: Pets NOT allowed....

To: <autox@autox.team.net>
Subject: Re: Pets NOT allowed....
From: "Jamie Sculerati" <jamies@mrj.com>
Date: Sat, 17 Mar 2001 17:32:23 -0500
----- Original Message -----
From: Rocky Entriken <rocky@tri.net>

> Kudos and huzzahs to the site owner!
>
> Autocross sites and race tracks are not meant for furry animals.

Nor, from past discussions, are children, and spectators are just tolerated.
I guess it's lucky they let drivers and cars on site.

Just like everyone is responsible for their own behavior at an event, so are
they responsible for the conduct of  accompanying guests, kids and pets.
Anyone who can't control one of the above should be prepared to remove them.
I'm sorry you were bitten, Rocky, but the responsibility there lies with
whoever brought a poorly-trained mutt to the event.  I've seen plenty of
people bring dogs (and kids) to events without incident, because they were
properly trained and looked after (applies to both dogs and kids).  Not all
sites lend themselves to this, but that's a long way from categorically
banning them from what we claim is a family-oriented sport.

Jamie