Help

To: autox@autox.team.net
Subject: Help
From: Joe Worsley <worsley@yadtel.net>
Date: Fri, 23 Mar 2001 21:35:21 -0500
I need some help to figure out what I need to do for tires.  I have a car
(Rotus 7 - Lotus look alike) 1500lbs. and 220hp that has 15" wheels on it.  It
will run in D Mod so I can use slicks but the only rubber available is " road
race" type.  Hoosier only offers R45, R55 etc. in this size.

The only way I can get the good sticky slicks is to go to 13" wheels but I have
a problem with the lower ball joint only haveing about  3/4" clearance to the
inside of the rim now.  I would have to go to about a 2" offset on the wheel to
clear it.  What is the implication of doing this as far as what it does to the
car handeling.   The 7" Panasports I have now are 0 offset.  Should I just get
the DOT Radial autocross tire and how does it compare with the Hoosier R25 or
R35 rubber.  I would probably have to get a spacer for the rear wheel if I put
225/15's on it as I am pretty close to the exhaust pipe now with 205/15's.

I need to buy a set of wheels for the autocross tires so I would like to not
have to go thru this more that once.  If anyone out there has the expertise to
figure out what I don't know,  how about letting me know then we will both
know.  Does that make sense???

Joe Worsley