RE: Safety ?: Legal Tire Tread Depth

To: <autox@autox.team.net>
Subject: RE: Safety ?: Legal Tire Tread Depth
From: "Paul Zahornasky" <p.zahornasky@att.net>
Date: Fri, 30 Mar 2001 10:52:51 -0500
13.3.C:

Some stuff about a tire having to be in the Tire Guide or approved by the
SEB, then..."The tire model must have Department of Transportation
approval."  This means it must have a DOT number molded into the sidewall.

It says nothing about being legal to drive on the street (in terms of amount
of tread left)

13.3.I and 13.3.J talk about having a minimum measurable tread depth, but
nothing about it having to be greater than the 2/32 depth that the wear bars
show up at.

Paul Zahornasky
NER Solo Chair
Watching it snow with our first event coming in two days.  8-(