Re: Safety ?: Legal Tire Tread Depth

To: "Autox" <autox@autox.team.net>
Subject: Re: Safety ?: Legal Tire Tread Depth
From: "Brian Berryhill" <brianberryhill@flashmail.com>
Date: Fri, 30 Mar 2001 11:52:16 -0600
Thanks for the input... seems like I recall reading those rules before a
long time ago.

But, something I'm more curious about than the legality of it is would it
still be safe?  I agree with having no cord showing.  If after a run, I
started showing cords, I wouldn't run any more.

As for the measureable tread depth, it says it has to be within the center
1/2 of the tire.  My outside edges are worn pretty bad, so I'm sure I've got
some measureable tread in the center.

Now, from a competition standpoint, I assume once I eat up all of the soft
tread and it gets down to the rubber base, the tire won't grip like it used
to.

Brian