RE: Stock Rule Question: Struts

To: "'David Hillman'" <hillman@planet-torque.com>
Subject: RE: Stock Rule Question: Struts
From: "Linnhoff, Eric" <elinnhoff@smmc.saint-lukes.org>
Date: Mon, 2 Jul 2001 12:54:46 -0500
   If the bracket is part of the "strut" ( to which it's welded ) and the
"dimensional characteristics" of the strut don't include the diameter of
those holes, my original struts would seem to be legal.  Otherwise, I have
to track down replacement struts, or have these brackets replaced, if
possible.
===============================
That's not necessary as long as they're working fine.  Just get some Grade 8
washers and have the center hole bored out to the same diameter as the stock
strut mount holes and then measure and carefully weld it in place.  I had to
do just that when I put yellow Konis with the camber adjustment slot onto my
Neon, which since it's not an ACR is not allowed to run the camber
adjustment slot.  Then to regain some of that camber that I just lost due to
the washers I had to use crash bolts.

Silly, ain't it.

Eric Linnhoff in KC
1998 Dodge Neon R/T