It's Official: DTN RIP

To: Teamdotnet <autox@autox.team.net>
Subject: It's Official: DTN RIP
From: Matt Murray <mattm@optonline.net>
Date: Tue, 03 Jul 2001 10:56:27 -0400
Sorry to be such a downer.

At the beginning of June, I sent an email to all the Driver To Nationals
(DTN) winners and the whoever else started it. I received exactly one
response from those on that post. Since then I've waited to see if it came
up again. Karl Rickert did post something mid-June, but I haven't seen
anything since (or a response from Karl, either). To me, this does not bode
well for DTN.

I'm inclined to think that it had a good run. It benefited some people that
would otherwise not have gone out to Nationals. It is time to let it rest.
Maybe we can revive it in a year or two.

Karl, if you have any funds left, perhaps the excess can go to a charity
(American Cancer Society, MS, etc.).

With regrets,

Matt Murray

mattm@optonline.net