Re: Women Drivers In Solo II

To: <autox@autox.team.net>
Subject: Re: Women Drivers In Solo II
From: "Jay Mitchell" <jemitchell@compuserve.com>
Date: Thu, 5 Jul 2001 07:22:32 -0500
Janice Sansone Rick wrote:

>OK, I will be probably be blasted for this discussion

The subject has been the cause of much blasting in the past. ;<(

>In most sports and competition there is one class or the women aren't compared
>to the men's.

As many times as the subject has been discussed, this is the first time I have
seen this point made.

>I have been beat by some excellent women drivers and think the classes should
>be "Men's" & "Women's".  The men do not have a choice to run us.  Why do we?

People have advocated the elimination of the "L" classes, but complete
segregation of males and females is a new one on me. I see your point, but I'm
afraid there's too much inertia - and too many arguments against it - for
anything to change now.

>The women's classes were created to encourage a couple or family to both be
>able to compete and both have the possibility to win their class.

Agreed.

>It creates
>the family atmosphere I think we want.

Agreed again.

>I think the classes should be
>Men & Women

That's an interesting twist, and I'd say it's worthy of further discussion. I
can't say that I think it'll fly, but not because it lacks merit.

Jay