Women Drivers In Solo II

To: <autox@autox.team.net>
Subject: Women Drivers In Solo II
From: "Janice Sansone Rick" <janice@wcsllc.net>
Date: Thu, 5 Jul 2001 07:17:15 -0500
OK, I will be probably be blasted for this discussion but.........

Why are the classes "Open & "Women's"
I think that is creating the atmosphere that when a "woman" gets good at
driving she can go to the real class of the "open" one.  I also have heard
that when autocross drivers get good they can go road racing.  I disagree with
both.  This classing system is a slam to the women National Champions!

In no sports competition is this classing thing true that I can think of
except Solo II.

In most sports and competition there is one class or the women aren't compared
to the men's.  I have never heard of a Woman Olympic Skier being now good
enough that she ought to go to the men's class.

I resent the implication that the women's classes are not enough competition.

I think the men have been nice to us to allow us this over equal thing for a
long time and it's time we quit abusing it!

I have been beat by some excellent women drivers and think the classes should
be "Men's" & "Women's".  The men do not have a choice to run us.  Why do we?

The women's classes were created to encourage a couple or family to both be
able to compete and both have the possibility to win their class.  It creates
the family atmosphere I think we want.

I have always supported this idea and the last few years I have been more and
more frequently asked if I am going to move up to the "open" class because I
have driven well.  (Or maybe I should ask for a bad driver class since female
driver Debbie Fessler - an awesome driver killed me in Peru last weekend)

There are excellent women drivers in Solo II  and to me in a world I think we
have wanted equality, we are also asking to be more equal than the men.

I think the classes should be
Men & Women

Janice Sansone Rick