Re: Senior Division

To: JD_Kemp@URSCorp.com
Subject: Re: Senior Division
From: James Rogerson <jwalter@ptra.com>
Date: Fri, 06 Jul 2001 16:03:41 -0500
Well, since I'm 55+, drive a '83 RX-7 and wear bifocals, I'd have to say
I'M IN!  But if Joe (my oldest brother) get's more than me, then I'm not
sure.  I'd have to see the index.  8^)
Last event Joe (over 60) was .018 behind me, closest he's been in awhile,
but he's never more than a tenth or so back.  Besides, it's only been the
last two years that I have been able to consistently beat him.

I'll try to promote that index locally.  Sounds good to me.  There are few
drivers older than Joe and I in Houston and they drive newer cars.

As a humorous note about age.  On the way back from the New Orleans
divisional, we were going up the on ramp of the expressway and the car in
front of me, in the Tahoe pulling the trailer and RX-7, was just creeping
up the ramp.  After we finally merged and passed the guy, my brother,
following us in his Toyota, calls me on the radio and says, "They should
keep all those damned 60 year old geezers off the road."  My wife is still
laughing.

At 03:14 PM 7/6/2001, JD_Kemp@URSCorp.com wrote:
>James Rogerson writes-
>
>"Right, we should give the geezers a 3 second margin to make up for their
>failing faculties.  NOT!"
>
>Hey James-
>
>A friend of mine in Tallahassee has been trying to promote an "Index of
>Senility" sort of like the current PAX index.  The way it works is to add
>the driver's age and the age of his car together, and divide the raw time
>by that sum.  He doesn't get much support from the "Rice Rocket" boys, but
>several folks (most of whom wear bifocals to read their email) seem to like
>it.
>
>I'm guessing you wouldn't go for it either?  : )
>
>JD Kemp &
>"Lucretia MacEvil" #13 MGB
>Index of Senility = 0.0129

James Rogerson
  [FP #125] - Techless Racing
jwalter@ptra.com
"Nails are glue, hypothetically speaking" - Lou Fertile
"Men that like golf are unhappy at home and incapable of having a
meaningful relationship with women" - Joseph Heller