Re: Miata help...

To: Dan Timko <dtimko@cc.gatech.edu>
Subject: Re: Miata help...
From: Reijo Silvennoinen <rase@telusplanet.net>
Date: Tue, 10 Jul 2001 04:26:54 -0600
That sounds like a strange problem.  I have forwarded this to the Miata list
where you might get some help.  Check out the Miata web site at:
www.miata.net
There is a wealth of info there.

One thought does come to mind, the computer is situated on the floor in the
passenger compartment:  Did any water get in the car?  Also there are some drain
holes at the sides of the soft top that sometimes get plugged up and let water
into the car.

And, of course, there is always the famous spark plug wires that tend to go even
if they are not too old (maybe sitting at a dealer for a long time?).  Try a
replacement set (NGK) or else borrow a set known to be good from someone to see
what happens.

Regards,

Reijo

--