Two way radios, Thanks

To: autox@autox.team.net
Subject: Two way radios, Thanks
From: Hottvr@aol.com
Date: Sat, 21 Jul 2001 22:53:43 EDT
I got a ton of feedback from this post and  I appreciate it. I bought a
couple of
Motorola Spirit  GT  units today.  We took them out tonight and did a little
testing.
These things are amazing. I had my wife drop me at a local lake. She set the
trip odometer on her car and went to another lake that by road was 5.7 miles
away.
The drive to the other lake is almost in a straight line. There are few
curves but not many. So I think we were near the 4 mile range that Motorola
claimed. She didn't
even get out of the car to try to transmit. It sounded like we were talking
in the living room at home. I couldn't believe it!!!!!!!!!!!  I'm gonna try
to use the radio tommorrow
from a site that I know is not "In a line of site" to see how it does.

Thanks everyone

Mike(I can't wait for the snow)B. 99cm