Re: Jr. Kart Index Numbers

To: Brad Holliday <bradholliday@hotmail.com>
Subject: Re: Jr. Kart Index Numbers
From: Pat Kelly <lollipop@ricochet.net>
Date: Sat, 21 Jul 2001 21:35:03 -0700
Brad,
        To me all indexes are myths created by number-crazed statisticians. :)
Take no offense, please. I really don't know where our numbers came from
for the jr karts, out of someone's fertile brain, and no one's
complained, including the parents. We run each kart group as a separate
class, so their indexes are not a key part to the program. What is
relevent is they're all having a great time and even learning to be good
sports, which isn't easy with youngsters, even to being gracious
winners. I've had at least one dad express his appreciation for us
running the kids' karts. He says it's really opened up the lines of
communication between him and his son that just weren't there before.
And that's a terrific plus.
        I'll save this message and forward it to our "brain," and let him fool
around with it. Right now he's on vacation
--Pat K