Re: Two way radios, Thanks

To: lollipop@ricochet.net
Subject: Re: Two way radios, Thanks
From: "Charles R. Schultz" <n2pua4@peoplepc.com>
Date: Sun, 22 Jul 2001 05:24:13 -0500
Are those the 1-watt radios?  I don't think a regular FRS radio would
work that well.  I know we had a bit of trouble with ours during our
Solo I at Talladega Superspeedway, between turns 2 and 3, for instance.
That's probably less than a mile, and quite flat.  Of course, maybe
standing near the high banks deflected the signal skyward. . .  ;^)

What kind of batteries are used in these radios?  How big are they?
And, of course, everybody probably wants to know how much they cost.