C/SP Miata - Autocross/Track Bar

To: "Miata.net" <miata@realbig.com>, "team.net" <autox@autox.team.net>
Subject: C/SP Miata - Autocross/Track Bar
From: Reijo Silvennoinen <rase@telusplanet.net>
Date: Sun, 22 Jul 2001 19:00:34 -0600
An autocross rules question:

For C/SP is the "Track Bar" legal?  It was an early rear suspension
brace with a horizontal and a diagonal member bolted to the rear
suspension.

Later Miatae ('92 and newer less a couple of models) had a horizontal
brace from the factory.

I'm sure the horizontal member is legal (there was some clarification
regarding that a long time ago) but what about the diagonal piece?

I'm going to the Bremerton Tour (my first SCCA autocross - done plenty
up in Canada) next weekend and I didn't see anything in the on-line
rules about that.

TIA,

Reijo
'90 C/SP Miata