Re: Safety statistics

To: Rocky Entriken <rocky@tri.net>
Subject: Re: Safety statistics
From: Mark Sirota <msirota@isc.upenn.edu>
Date: Mon, 30 Jul 2001 11:52:17 -0400
Rocky Entriken wrote:
> I forget the name of the guy who rolled the Bimmer at Nationals. What
> I remember is that it was the South Course at Salina and I was sitting
> watching it while waiting for final results becuase it was the last
> runs of the last heat of the last day (and the North Course was done).
> He did a full 360 sideways, came back up on his wheels, just sat there
> for several seconds then drove off and DNFd. No injury on that one. I
> kept thinking it'd have been neat if he'd finished the course and
> gotten a time.

If you are thinking of Patrick Demorais, you misremember.  It was 1993,
I believe.  E30 318is.  Definitely on the north course, not the south.
He did get back on the throttle briefly after landing back on his
wheels, but then stopped.  He ended up getting out of the car while the
whole incident report was written up, but he did drive off under his own
power.

Mark