RE: Movie title?

To: "Linnhoff, Eric" <elinnhoff@smmc.saint-lukes.org>,
Subject: RE: Movie title?
From: "Dan Spalding" <dans@microsoft.com>
Date: Fri, 5 Oct 2001 09:05:51 -0700

Majors,
> old Indy/F1 type open wheeled car that he had hidden, disassembled,
> beneath
> his garage floor,  Martial law society with all IC vehicles banned,
Majors
> gets fed up with it all (wife gets killed?) and proceeds to race
across
> the
> country to get to "free California", special siphon pump in car to get
> those
> last few gallons out of the long closed gas station tanks along the
way,
> chased by all manner of wheeled pursuit vehicles, kid as an unwanted
> passenger, fully loaded Coke truck gets kablooeyed, Burgess Meredith
as a
> fighter pilot ordered to hunt Majors down, yadda yadda yadda.
>
> Help?

>From http://imdb.com and a search for Lee Majors:

Last Chase, The (1981)
Tagline: A FUTURISTIC GAME OF LIFE AND DEATH!

Plot Summary: It is the future. Evil fascists have forced everyone to
recycle and drive electric cars, and have oppressed all those poor
people who want to drive Ferraris and smoke cigarettes. Hero Lee Majors,
an ex-racing car driver, decides to make a statement by pulling out his
old race car and driving cross-country at 150 mph (he siphons gas from
old gas station pumps). Taking along a young reform school geek in a
vaguely homosexual subplot, he drives for the Holy Land the Free State
of California! Of course, the Powers That Be try to eliminate him by
hiring Burgess Meredith to shoot him down with a fighter jet, which,
too, are virtually extinct.

Summary written by Jonah Falcon {jonahnynla@mindspring.com}

User Comments: Steve Austin and exploding cactii: need I say more?
(more)

Lee Majors ....  Franklyn Hart
Burgess Meredith ....  Captain J.G. Williams
Chris Makepeace ....  Ring
Alexandra Stewart ....  Eudora
Diane D'Aquila ....  Santana
George Touliatos ....  Hawkins