Re: Movie title?

To: "rick" <mudfly@nycap.rr.com>, "autox" <autox@autox.team.net>
Subject: Re: Movie title?
From: "Rocky Entriken" <rocky@tri.net>
Date: Fri, 5 Oct 2001 18:18:58 -0500
> BTW,Does the defintion of a B movie require the squealing of tires on dirt
> roads and the driver shifting the gears while both hands are on the wheel?

Even 'A' movies. One that always got me was "The Rievers" (no, I don't
recall what a riever is).

Set in days of the early motorcar, starring  Steve McQueen. in one scene he
is hustling this old flivver down a winding dirt road, real skinny tires and
all, and they are squealing in the turns. Those old spaghetti-strap tires
were too damn hard to squeal, even on hard dirt. They'd make a scuff sound.
Surprised McQueen did not jump the Foley guys on that one (it was, IIRC,
done after "Le Mans.")

--Rocky Entriken