RE: Movie title?

To: autox <autox@autox.team.net>
Subject: RE: Movie title?
From: "Linnhoff, Eric" <elinnhoff@smmc.saint-lukes.org>
Date: Fri, 5 Oct 2001 11:12:49 -0500
Last Chase, The (1981)
Tagline: A FUTURISTIC GAME OF LIFE AND DEATH!

Plot Summary: It is the future. Evil fascists have forced everyone to
recycle and drive electric cars, and have oppressed all those poor
people who want to drive Ferraris and smoke cigarettes. Hero Lee Majors,
an ex-racing car driver, decides to make a statement by pulling out his
old race car and driving cross-country at 150 mph (he siphons gas from
old gas station pumps). Taking along a young reform school geek in a
vaguely homosexual subplot, he drives for the Holy Land the Free State
of California! Of course, the Powers That Be try to eliminate him by
hiring Burgess Meredith to shoot him down with a fighter jet, which,
too, are virtually extinct.
============================
Well I guess that's the movie that I remember then.  Dang, almost an exact
summary match.  ;^)

Thanks guys, anybody remember Cherry 2000 with Melanie Griffith, of normal
sized lips back then?  What's the Australian rally movie with David
Carradine and some yahoo bad guy in a Darth Vader-esqe helmet & cape?  How
about any other obscure or "B" car movies?

Gee, is it the off-season already?  ;^)

Eric Linnhoff in KC
1998 Dodge Neon R/T (see-dan)
STS #69   TLS #13