Re: Rules Clarification / Protest Bait

To: <dave2020@mindspring.com>, autox@autox.team.net,
Subject: Re: Rules Clarification / Protest Bait
From: "Phil Ethier"<pethier@isd.net>
Date: Fri, 1 Mar 2002 18:51:29 GMT
>Car X came from the factory with a given compression ratio. The factory
>replacement
is now a different piston that bumps the CR significantly. So, say driver Y
puts these pistons in his Stock class car. A CR test will show that it is above
what is in the factory manual, but a new part comparison will show that the
piston is legal. Which takes precident, the factory authorized replacement
statute,

If the factory says this is the official stock part for this car, it is the
official stock part for the car.

>or the stock Compression Ratio Statute?

I never heard of the "stock Compression Ratio Statute".  Do you have a Solo2
rule to quote on this?

Phil Ethier