Re: Rules Clarification / Protest Bait

To: dave2020@mindspring.com
Subject: Re: Rules Clarification / Protest Bait
From: Scott Troyer - TestEng DRAM Repair <stroyer@micron.com>
Date: Fri, 01 Mar 2002 12:45:06 -0700
Would this be a recently manufactured car? Or something which is pretty old and
the original
pistons are no longer available so it is being replaced with something that IS
available?

I would think that if the manufacturer changed the specified part in the stock
configuration of
a car, it would be accompanied by a TSB (technical service bulliton). If there
is a TSB then
I would say it is legal, otherwise I might question it.

You aren't refering to the oil consumpion fix on the 2001 Z06's are you? I'm
sure those fixes/
changes are well documented by Chevy, including a TSB.

my $.02....

Scott Troyer
Snake River SCCA