Re: Re: Rules Clarification / Protest Bait

To: <dave2020@mindspring.com>
Subject: Re: Re: Rules Clarification / Protest Bait
From: "Phil Ethier" <pethier@isd.net>
Date: Sat, 2 Mar 2002 01:18:31 -0600
-----Original Message-----
From: dave2020@mindspring.com <dave2020@mindspring.com>
To: Phil Ethier <pethier@isd.net>
Cc: dave2020@mindspring.com <dave2020@mindspring.com>; autox@autox.team.net
<autox@autox.team.net>; evolution-discussions@yahoogroups.com
<evolution-discussions@yahoogroups.com>
Date: Friday, March 01, 2002 1:07 PM

>> If the factory says this is the official stock part for this car,
>> it is the official stock part for the car.
>
>Even if it has a signifigant performance gain over the pistons that came in
the car?

You see an exception for that in the rule book?

>> I never heard of the "stock Compression Ratio Statute".  Do you
>> have a Solo2 rule to quote on this?
>
>I was under the impression that we had a way of testing the CR though, and
that it would be required to match what is written in the factory manual.  I
guess that is the real issue - Which is God, current parts or the manual
that was written 10 years ago.

Unless somebody shows me different, I will continue to believe that it is
parts that are regulated by the book, not performance.

Phil Ethier  West Side   Saint Paul  Minnesota  USA
pethier@isd.net   http://www.mnautox.com/  http://www.vtr2002.org