Re: Spec Mini Cooper Class

To: Phil Ethier <pethier@isd.net>, Mark Chiles <mark@markchiles.com>,
Subject: Re: Spec Mini Cooper Class
From: Topper Jones <gbrt@rocketmail.com>
Date: Wed, 13 Mar 2002 05:56:39 -0800 (PST)
--- Phil Ethier <pethier@isd.net> wrote:

> >I like it. Just add sticky tires and go.
>
> As long as you are "spec-ing" why not keep the strain on
> the car down and
> spec the stock tires?

My reasoning is simple. On my S2000 it is considerably less
expensive for me to run on Kumhos than the stock tires. I
think it likely that would also hold true for the Mini. Im
cheap, and if sticky tires are the cheapest way to go
thats the route Id like to take. If the spec tire was a
Hoosier I might be forced to change my mind because of the
price. (Not that I wouldnt like running on the Hoosiers.)