Re: Spec MINI Cooper class

To: autox@autox.team.net
Subject: Re: Spec MINI Cooper class
From: jac73@daimlerchrysler.com
Date: Tue, 12 Mar 2002 08:41:12 -0500
On Sun, 10 Mar 2002 22:58:03 -0600, Jeff Cashmore <cashmo@spec-rx7.org>
said:

>"How about we test a new set of OEM rules with the upcoming Mini
>Cooper(s)."

>I'm in, assuming I fit in them.  :)

Jeff, if I can fit (and I can), you should have no problem.  Just don't
order the sunroof.  With it, headroom/helmet room is very tight if your
torso height is similar to mine.  Without it, I have helmet clearance.

As for "girth allowance", you, ("Eat! Eat! You're too skinny!) have nothing
at all to worry about.  Again, I fit without trouble.  And I'll note for
the record (okay, for the records of those Netters who have yet to meet me
in person) that I'm somewhat larger than the average bear at 6'4", 256 lbs
(this morning's Official Weight), size 13 shoe.

Tried 'em on for size at the North American International Auto Show,

Jim Crider
autojim@att.net

PS:  While we're on the subject of interior fit for the Big & Tall
shoppers, the Audi TT coupe's outward vision may feel like you're driving a
Karmann Ghia with a 3" top chop (and remember to duck under the roof rail
when getting in and out!), but it's the only car I've driven in recent
memory that I had to move the seat FORWARD of its rearmost position to
drive without stretching my toes out to fully depress the clutch and
throttle.

The information contained in this transmission, which may be
confidential and proprietary, is only for the intended recipients.
Unauthorized use is strictly prohibited. If you receive this
transmission in error, please notify me immediately by telephone
or electronic mail and confirm that you deleted this transmission
and the reply from your electronic mail system.