Best Suspension Geometry, Etc?

To: autox@autox.team.net
Subject: Best Suspension Geometry, Etc?
From: Dick Rasmussen <rasmussend@mindspring.com>
Date: Mon, 25 Mar 2002 18:17:49 -0500
Question:

Assuming reasonably high volume relatively current street sports car type
vehicles (race cars, low volume/high price supercars, etc. not counted),
what car(s) have the best stock suspension geometry, etc.?

I don't mean the best "compromise" given the purpose of the vehicle, price
range, etc.

My best guesses at this time would be Miata, C5 Corvette, maybe Boxster,
maybe whatever a 911 is called these days, S2000. I get the impression that
the MR2 Spyder (despite it's overall strengths) doesn't have that good a
suspension design. Probably not the Mustang Cobra IRS. Others?

Just curious.

Dick Rasmussen
CM 85
85 Van Diemen RF-85 Formula Ford