Re: Comparing Run Video's (Software Question)

To: autox@autox.team.net
Subject: Re: Comparing Run Video's (Software Question)
From: Bob Clark <bobclark@execpc.com>
Date: Wed, 27 Mar 2002 17:01:21 -0600
Jeff,
The cheapest way to accomplish split screen, picture in picture, or
ghost video is to upgrade to Apple's Quicktime Pro. Upgrade cost I
believe is $29. I've
just experimented with this in preparing video for an upcoming autocross
school.

Essentially the procedure is to open both video clips in quicktime and
make sure they are editted to show the cars at the same start and finish

positions on the course. Then select the contents of the shorter clip
and choose add to the second video.  The progress bar on the receiving
clip
should be located at the beginning of the clip.  Once added go to the
menu and choose get movie properties.   From the left menu select video
track
2.  Then choose size from the right menu and adjust.  Click back in the
active window to move or scale the overlaid clip.

To get ghost video choose graphics mode instead of the size option and
choose blend.

I've done this on my Mac, works fine but it would be better if I had
anticipated doing this and made sure the camera position and zoom was
identical
for all clips.  I haven't tried it on my PC yet - chances are I won't.
Firewire is buggy on the PC and it's mostly designated to be my gaming
machine.

I hope this proves useful.