RE: Proposed SP steering wheel rule

To: <autox@autox.team.net>
Subject: RE: Proposed SP steering wheel rule
From: "Brad Cox" <COXB@tmfhs.org>
Date: Wed, 03 Apr 2002 08:51:00 -0600
>>Why make that Tech Bulletin to point out that it's allowed for 2002 and then
>just 2 months later make notice that it WON'T be legal in 2003?  In fact, why
>add that rule change at all?<<

This is probably a dumb question but... is there any sort of "grandfather
clause" on this one?

If I now have an aftermarket wheel on my car (formerly equipped with an
air-bag-wheel), do I have to go hunting for a stock steering wheel in order to
be SP legal next year?  If I'm reading this correctly, then I'd say it's a
pretty ridiculous ruling as well.

-brad
(hoping this one doesn't carry over to SM...)