Re: Proposed SP steering wheel rule

To: Phil Ethier <pethier@isd.net>
Subject: Re: Proposed SP steering wheel rule
From: Bob Forsberg <joeisuzu@halcyon.com>
Date: Fri, 5 Apr 2002 06:58:03 -0800 (PST)
On Thu, 4 Apr 2002, Phil Ethier wrote:

> Either I don't understand how these rules interact,
>
> or I do understand how they interact and can't understand what logical
> purpose this interaction serves.

i think you do understand how the rules interact.  i would guess the
reasoning behind the rule would have to do with the legality of removing
saftey items in a vehicle which may be street driven.  if you have
disconnected the air bag trigering unit it is most likely a simple matter
of reconnecting it, or reinstalling the stock steering wheel if it has
been replaced.  i would also think taking the air bags in and out increses
the chance of setting it off accidently,  i can think of other things i
would rather do.

bob