Re: Proposed SP steering wheel rule

To: David Fauth <dfauth@frii.com>, autox@autox.team.net
Subject: Re: Proposed SP steering wheel rule
From: Mark Sirota <mark@sirota.org>
Date: Wed, 03 Apr 2002 13:39:23 -0500
--On Tuesday, April 02, 2002 5:25 PM -0700 David Fauth <dfauth@frii.com>
wrote:
> I'm curious as to why it was thought that this rule was needed?  My
> initial take on it is this: why limit the steering wheel rule by not
> allowing the removal of the stock steering wheel?  What this does, in
> effect, is make it such that only older cars that didn't come with
> airbags may now replace their steering wheel.

Speaking only for myself, not for the SEB as a whole here...

I don't think this was the intent.  I believe the intent is that the
steering wheel may still be replaced, and the replacement need not have an
airbag (which is as it is now).  All other front seat area airbags may be
electrically disabled but not removed (that's the new part).

I may have that wrong, though.  I really should look through the SEB
meeting notes to determine exactly what the intent was.

If you have concerns about how this one ends up, write a letter!
Send your well reasoned letter to the Solo Events Board at seb@scca.org,
or to the postal address listed in the front of your rulebook.

Mark