RE: Proposed SP steering wheel rule

To: Brad Cox <COXB@tmfhs.org>
Subject: RE: Proposed SP steering wheel rule
From: Bob Forsberg <joeisuzu@halcyon.com>
Date: Wed, 3 Apr 2002 11:59:41 -0800 (PST)
i think you need to read the two rules separately.  the proposal allows you
to disconnect the airbags but not remove them it says nothing about the
allowed removal of an airbag for the allowed steering wheel replacement.
the current steering wheel rule which is not going to change allows you to
remove the wheel and air bag.  so if you have a stock wheel you can
disconnect the airbag there, if you have removed it per the steering wheel
change rule then you are still ok...

bob