RE: Brake pads for tow vehicle

To: Gregg Lee <gregglee@dinointernet.com>
Subject: RE: Brake pads for tow vehicle
From: "Burns, James B." <James.Burns@jhuapl.edu>
Date: Wed, 10 Apr 2002 17:12:19 -0400
Thanks for the info.  My trailer does have brakes, but the pedal effort
seems high even when I'm not towing.  They used to be better, but I got the
rotors turned once because of a vibration and they've never felt quite the
same since.  My front pads are now down to about 2mm and the rears are
around 4mm.  They've gone almost 60K miles, so I guess that's not too bad.
I'll probably just go ahead and do everything -- new rotors, semi-metallic
pads, and replace the fluid with Ford Heavy Duty.

For the lifetime guarantee deal, the pads are free, but don't they still
charge for installation?

Brad