Re: brake pads

To: "LaRosa, Sandro" <Sandro_LaRosa@tcgny.com>,
Subject: Re: brake pads
From: Andrew Schmiechen <aschmiechen@discovercolor.com>
Date: Mon, 15 Apr 2002 15:13:45 -0500
I've been using Hawk HP+ (there isn't an HPS +) on my Integra for the last
year and like them a lot.  It's got great initial bite when cold, and
they'll stop you even better when warm.  They dust a lot and tend to screech
a little, but I don't mind it so much.

I'm not sure about Hawk Blacks (my HP + are black, are they the same?).  The
Hawk Blues will stop you even better, but they need to be warmed up before
they have any bite, so it's not a good autocross pad.

Previous to the Hawk, I used EBC green stuff.  It was an OK pad, but it wore
out really quick.  It had good initial bite, but nothing impressive after
that.  Heating the brakes up generally made them worse.  I've heard a lot of
other bad stories about these pads, including people wearing them to the
backing plates in just 10 minutes out on a road track.

-A.