Re: brake pads

To: "team.net" <autox@autox.team.net>
Subject: Re: brake pads
From: "Ted Drcar" <tdrcar@san.rr.com>
Date: Tue, 16 Apr 2002 01:18:39 -0700
I agree with the comments on the Hawk HP Plus. They seem good at Auto-X and
I never think twice about them during extended lapping sessions at a
roadcourse. They last fine.  On the other hand, Hawk's street-only HPS faded
and felt crappy on a roadcourse.  Careful when ordering; the names are very
similar and they're from the same manufacturer.

Hawk Blues are (I am told) harder on rotors as well as being slippery when
cold.  That's a road racer's pad.  I don't know anything about EBC pads.
So, I recommend the Hawk HP Plus.  Sam Strano (Strano Performance Parts), a
frequent team.net contributor, sells Hawk pads and will ship them to you
anywhere.  Order line: 800/729-1831 Tech line: 814/849-3417.

Ted Drcar
FS 2001 Z28