Re: List support - was Driver to Nationals

To: "Dick & Mary Willy" <rdwmcw@attbi.com>, <mattm@optonline.net>
Subject: Re: List support - was Driver to Nationals
From: "Rocky Entriken" <rocky@tri.net>
Date: Fri, 19 Apr 2002 15:55:53 -0500
Bradakis already did that, essentially, with the message he sent out about a
week ago.

[Mark, maybe you can rerun it. I recall seeing it on the FOT list, not sure
I saw it on the other two I'm on, but I may have mindlessly bleeped it
having seen it once already.]

It's really quite simple. Send him money. Whatever you can spare. It goes to
Fat Chance Garage. Not asking for bigbucks here -- $10, $20, whatever, helps
when a bunch of us chip in.

These lists are not so formal that we have "list managers" -- it's one guy,
Mark, running all these things in his spare time from servers in his home.
He used to use the University of Utah computers where he works, but Team.Net
just got too big (the number of lists now is in the dozens, I believe), so
with money sent in in earlier fund drives, he bought servers and equipment
and a phone line to run it from home. I don't doubt there is a good chunk of
his own spare change in the equipment.

This is sort of like fund drive time at your local Public TV or Public Radio
station. Those who can, help. Those who can't, enjoy the service and maybe
you can jump in next time.

--Rocky