Re: Pro Solo License

To: <BRUBEL51@aol.com>, <autox@autox.team.net>
Subject: Re: Pro Solo License
From: "Rocky Entriken" <rocky@tri.net>
Date: Fri, 19 Apr 2002 16:04:56 -0500
Virtually its only benefit is to kick in the maximum excess insurance
coverage given to "license holders."

You can do that by buying a Solo License -- you not only have to pay $15 (I
think), but you have to go to the trouble to send in an application for the
license et al.

Or ... for FREE ... you can check that Crew License box on your
membership/renewal form and accomplish the same thing. My kids had Crew
licenses as soon as they were born. Anyone who does not have a Crew license
is missing out on an SCCA benefit that truly is no-cost.

IMHO, buying a Solo License makes as much sense as buying a Sidewalk License
so you can walk on the sidewalk. NOTE, this is NOT the same thing as a Pro
Solo License, which you DO need to participate in the Pro Solo series (but
you can do one Pro a year without the license; it lets you run your
"hometown" Pro without the license requirement.)

--Rocky  Entriken